This Director leads the Public Affairs & Public Relations function and drives Compassion’s external PR communications strategy, including the ministry’s overarching PR (non-marketing) social media strategy for executives. He/she researches, develops and implements policies and programs that enhance and protect the organization’s reputation and relationships, and oversees the dissemination of the organization’s communications via multiple external outlets. This leader collaborates closely with other senior leaders and contributes to the development of the overall Global Corporate Communications functional strategy.
*This position is located in Washington, D.C. Full relocation assistance provided.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Act as an advocate for children. Understand and advance Christ's mandate to protect children. Take active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors
- Establish a consistent global community relations approach and works to build and develop relations between Compassion and key external influencers (governments, community leaders, influencers and decision makers) to support the influencing of public policy in strong alignment with GCO
- Develop a strategy to build Compassion’s public affairs/advocacy efforts in Washington, DC. and increase Compassion’s global stature as an expert in poverty and holistic child development
- Partner closely with Risk Management to ensure our Ministry is equipped to respond to internal and external stakeholders with accurate and timeline information should a crisis occur, including development of a field Public Relations Specialist strategy for crisis response in Compassion’s Global Program countries
What do you bring?
- 10+ years relevant work experience including building and managing a team
- Experience working in community relations in the Global South highly desired
- Public Relations credential, Marketing Communications Specialist Certificate, or similar credential. Equivalent additional education, experience, training, or certification may be substituted for specified certificate
- Bachelors degree preferred
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.