This leader provides management and oversight to the solutions engineering team to manage the lifecycle of critical corporate-wide and customer-specific technology based products primarily using Lean and Agile SDLC practices. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full, daily management for assigned professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy department objectives. The incumbent will ensure accomplishment of department responsibilities based on oversight from senior management, following established practices, organizational strategy, department guidelines, and within approved budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department's purpose is fulfilled. Creates work environment promoting continual improvement and learning, free from fear of failure, supporting mistakes that encourage continual learning. Employs Lean leadership style focusing on developing team members’ skills. Studies and understands new developments in Lean, Agile, and contemporary software development and management practices and encourages same for teams.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability. Coaches teams to identify a given problem, understand the root causes, and build solutions that will be embraced by the organization. Creates teams that are jointly responsible for success, solving problems together in ways that develop people’s capabilities and increases their engagement and commitment, focusing on respect for people.
- Contributes to developing and setting strategy for application software design and development and technical and strategic expertise and leadership in the creation of inter-related system design for existing architecture.
- Defines specifications for requirements to deploy applications. Serves as a key leader, leading the implementation of new standards in software development.
- Working through subordinate professionals, leads developers and solutions engineering professionals who develop and update program logic for multiple applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Relevant work experience required to enable the individual to be able to successfully perform the job as listed.
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Applications Developer or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed