This entry-level developer assists with the lifecycle of corporate-wide and customer-specific technology based products. The specialist further assists with implementing custom entities for third-party systems according to business requirements. At this level the incumbent may still be learning and assisting with application development projects for his or her assigned location and generally works under the guidance of her or his supervisor or a more experienced specialist or as a team member on larger projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Supports application software development services and technical assistance for existing architecture or new deployments. Gathers requirements for applications. Adheres to approved standards in software development.
- Follows simple program logic for new applications or makes simple modifications to logic in existing applications.
- Maintains software applications through simple coding, testing, including writing test plans, documentation, and implementation.
- Follows strategies around existing technology products to ensure these products produce expected results and benefit to customers.
- Provides technical support throughout the lifecycle of customer-specific technology based products. Primarily works with Cloud or Purchased applications.
- Contributes to cross-functional project teams in the area of data process, data governance, and application systems.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
N/A No experience is required beyond the minimum education requirement.
Licenses and Certifications
Generally not required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position may be required to serve in an “on-call” capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed