This intermediate administrator implements new network, server and storage systems as well as monitors and maintains existing networks and servers in support of Compassion's business objectives. The specialist further contributes to user and resource security as well as server infrastructure system support . At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex network and server administration projects or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other administrators.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion�s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children � raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one�s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Implements various networks, servers and storage area networks across the organization. Maintains server and networks infrastructure through monitoring, testing for weakness, handling updates, monitoring and alerting, installing management software and providing backups and recovery.
- Implements appropriate network address assignments as well as network protocols.
- Performs delivery, physical setup, installation, and initial troubleshooting and simple repair of all hardware and software. Maintains telecom system. Trains users on software applications, systems, and other applicable systems.
- Takes proactive steps to assure availability of the networks, servers and associated systems. Maintains current licenses, checking for security breaches, and maintaining proper installations and applications.
- With some supervision, performs administration activities on network and server hardware and software including firmware updates, patches and other upkeep activities as necessary including application of security patches in coordination with the IT vulnerability management program
- Provides operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment, such as application servers, desktops, printers and storage devices, including capacity management and performance improvements.
- Implements all necessary security controls and features for all network and server related devices.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the network administration discipline.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Three years Professional experience working in network administration or similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
Generally not required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office � Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position may be required to serve in an �on-call� capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.