This seasoned specialist contributes to the coordinating, planning, and implementation of Compassion's information security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. At this career level, the incumbent generally reviews major violations of computer security procedures with the intent of eliminate future violations. The specialist further contributes to analysis of complex and/or international potential technology and information security risks and their effects on the reputation, credibility, and effectiveness of the ministry. The incumbent works independently and may coach or oversee the work of other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Evaluate, test, implement, and maintain complex information security policies, procedures and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware and software.
- Identifies major security risks and exposures, determines the complex causes of security violations and creates and implements procedures to halt future incidents.
- Investigates and resolves major and/or international security incidents and recommends enhancements to improve security.
- Conducts or participates in IT security risk assessments and compliance audits (including international) the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of major security incidents.
- Works closely with other departments in Compassion to ensure departmental data classification is made as directed by the Information Security Director.
- Analyzes complex data and produces reports for senior ministry leadership and external compliance entities, including compiling technical reports from security systems and other stakeholders.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the information security discipline.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Seven years Professional experience working in information security or similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
Associate Level Security credential granted by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, Inc.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule