This senior director leads the architecture and design function to provide strategic guidance to cross-functional teams engaged in devops, enhancing the user experience, and information and integration architecture. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction through subordinate directors to a function or geographic region of the ministry. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, and work direction the ministries global strategies. The incumbent collaborates with other senior leaders and sets functional strategy. Decisions are guided by major operational strategy and executive priorities.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department's purpose is fulfilled.
- Compiles or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Working through subordinate directors, directs the implementation and institution of DevOps practices through people, process and technology, directly impacting global operations. This includes demonstrated implementation and understanding of complex technical practices. This team drives major, complex, continuous integration, automated test driven practices, release automation, automated infrastructure self service, infrastructure as code, canary deployment methods, instrumentation and monitoring, and integrated tool chain management.
- Directs a group of managers, directors, and leaders committed to maximizing the technology user experience. This includes specific issues such as managing wireframes, prototypes, user flows and style guides. Also directs the development of user personas, evaluation of user feedback, and ensures consistent design language, visual elements, and behaviors.
- Provides high level direction and oversight to managers and skilled professionals to set and enable the ministry's strategic objectives and goals to be met through the Enterprise Information Management program. Relies on championing business processes, disciplines, and practices to manage enterprise data assets, ensuring that high quality information is available, protected, controlled, and effectively leveraged to meet the knowledge and data needs of all stakeholders.
- Champions and promotes global best-practice integration architecture standards, policies, and procedures, directing the group that integrates computer components and software, providing support for a variety of projects and keeping different software tools running consecutively that are specific to business operations and needs. Provides leadership developing and maintaining business to business, business to client, and architect to architect integration architecture.
- Builds a world-class environment of inclusion and engagement that encourages appropriate training and development opportunities for architecture and design professionals in applicable areas of global IT standards and practices. Leverages team resources to maximize information technology architecture and design opportunities.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Relevant work experience required to enable the individual to be able to successfully perform the job as listed.
Licenses and Certifications
Certification in IT Architecture & Design from nationally or internationally recognized organization, or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule