This intermediate technician provides technical support for end user systems/applications on a variety of issues, identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. The technician further performs basic system management functions for client systems using a variety of tools such as Active Directory. He or she may coach the work of other associates.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Responds to internal client requests for basic technical support, documenting, tracking and monitoring incidents to ensure a timely resolution.
- Troubleshoots standard issues that are escalated from junior technicians to restore service and identify and resolve problems.
- Performs desktop application deployments, client systems patching, hardware provisioning, and other general client support activities.
- Performs system management functions related to system management toolsets such as Anti-virus and desktop management systems.
- May engage with third party technical experts as needed to resolve technical problems and restore service.
- May provide technical advice to other technicians and offices.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
High School Diploma Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Two years Experience working in a technology client support or help desk position.
Licenses and Certifications
In some locations proficiency in English or another second language may be required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: No travel required for this role
Other: This position may be required to serve in an “on-call” capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.