This career professional implements and maintains security systems and practices in order to regulate and protect access to network resources, data files and applications. At this career level, the incumbent generally designs and implements large systems independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international projects. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other scrum and project professionals.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Determine the safest and least user-impacting means for establishing and implementing security policies.
- Ensures that all of the ministry's data is kept secure and stable at all times, including digital assets or reports, employee data and sensitive customer information.
- Analyzes and shores up any possible vulnerabilities, analyzes unusual activity and reacts swiftly to prevent or mitigate breaches or potential breaches.
- Implements and administers stability and security procedures regarding malware in the ministry's information hardware, to include installation, upgrading, and improvement of malware detection and prevention software across the entire company, as well as implementing policies for firewalls and site-blocking.
- Provides technical advice on access control, security models, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, and security awareness training.
- Plans, implements, monitors, and troubleshoots internal information technology security policies, application security, access control, and corporate data safeguards. Performs network scanning and vulnerability assessments.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for local and wide area networks and updates secure configurations by routinely reviewing vendor sites, bulletins, and notifications for security information.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the information technology security discipline.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Seven years Professional experience working in Information Technology Leadership or similar field.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position may be required to serve in an “on-call” capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.