This career administrator provides oversite for contract and legal activities not requiring a law degree. Focusing primarily on contract administration, the work performed includes supporting, maintaining, and developing a department-wide contract management system and policies; preparing, reviewing, editing, and formatting standard and non-standard contracts and other legal documents; and responding to general contract inquiries from ministry stakeholders. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts contract and other law-related work independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international projects. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other contract administrators.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Leads the preparation, approval and revision of contracts, amendments, and contract extensions, including investigating facts to support next steps in contract approval and disputes, and ensuring that modifications are administered according to policy and practice. Also manages the contracts template repository for use within the ministry.
- Maintains communications and set system parameters to ensure timely contract execution by external and internal parties.
- Advises and counsels ministry stakeholders on contracting policies and procedures.
- Drafts intermediate to complex legal and corporate documents for teams and departments throughout Compassion's international ministry, including agreements, contracts, letters, and legal memoranda.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of the legal components of corporate transactions and commercial contracting.
- Assesses legal and business risks and advises ministry clients and the Legal Services Team accordingly.
- Learns and understands various department and the broader ministry objectives to drive improvements in efficiency.
- Administers systems and processes to track all contracts in order to ensure that Compassion is in compliance with requirements and that the ministry receives the full benefit of contracts.
- Manages multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment utilizing excellent organization skills and dedication to adhering to deadlines.
- Administers the corporate state filings to ensure compliance with state and local laws.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff.
FaithHas a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor's Degree Legal Studies, Business, Risk Management or related discipline
Seven years Professional experience working as a contract administrator, or similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Contract and Commercial Management Professional designation from the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule