F U N C T I O N A L J O B C O M P E T E N C I E S
- Advanced training and experience in current and state-of-the-art data collection methods and quantitative research designs (including experimental and quasi-experimental methodologies that require counterfactuals), ideally from a variety of development fields, including hands-on experience in developing country contexts.
- Strong problem-solving skills. An objective and analytical mind.
- Committed to excellence and objectivity. Positive and optimistic attitude and disposition.
- Enthusiastic and motivated supporter of the principles of church-based holistic child development.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. Committed to self-directed learning in the areas of research and international development.
- Takes initiative; self-starter. Self-sufficient yet able to take advice and guidance in designing and project managing research studies.
- Possesses an advanced understanding of issues surrounding poverty and international development.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively training data collectors in local international contexts.
- A team player, able to effectively work with colleagues in virtual environment.
J O B Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Master's degree in economics, econometrics, applied psychology, international economics, international development or equivalent, with major components that include research methods, at least two semesters of econometrics or advanced statistics, and impact evaluations.
- Experience: two years recent hands-on research experience, including at least one year applied experience in conducting rigorous quasi-experimental or experimental methods and/or in cross-cultural settings that include child and/or community development, public health, or similar. Demonstrated experience in establishing strong working cross-functional and multi-cultural relationships and constantly advocate for high-quality research in international field countries. Experience presenting research findings to small and large groups of non-researchers.
- Certifications/Licensing: N/A
- Other Required Skills: Proficiency in MS Office, databases, STATA (or other statistical programs and willingness to learn STATA), and literature review. Excellent and creative communication skills, both written and verbal in English, as well as, ideally, in at least one of the languages spoken in Compassion field countries.
C O R E V A L U E S
- INTEGRITY: “Conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ” (Philippians 1:27)
- EXCELLENCE: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord” (Colossians 3:23)
- STEWARDSHIP: “The Earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it” (Psalm 24:1)
- DIGNITY: “God created man in His own image” (Genesis 1:27)
W O R K I N G C O N D I T I O N S
- Working Environment: Standard or home office. Location negotiable.
- Physical Demands: International travel to remote environments with potentially hazardous and challenging conditions.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 25% of time away from home per year.